KNVIR support for seminars and expert meetings
Members may propose substantive topics for seminars and meetings to which they will invite one or more experts, or suggest events that may assist them in their professional life in a more practical way. Examples of this are networking activities or a ‘meet and greet’ with a prominent international lawyer. The Board of the Society invites members to submit proposals for such events, for which funding may be requested, and is open to cooperation with likeminded organisations, such as student organisations and law firms.
Funding is limited to € 2,000 per event.
Past events organised with the support of the KNVIR
On 2 May 2022, the Mexican Embassy in The Hague – in collaboration with the Asser Institute and the University of Amsterdam – organised an in-depth discussion on the groundbreaking case of Mexico v. Smith & Wesson filed last August in the District Court of Massachusetts. Watch the video of this event on transnational civil litigation and corporate liability for gun violence, which was supported financially by the Royal Netherlands Society of International Law. For more information about the event and the Mexico v. Smith & Wesson litigation, see here.
April 7-8, 2022
Workshop “What’s (in) nationality? Citizenship-by-Investment (CBI) and Beyond”, organised by the University of Maastricht’s G-LawNet and the University of Luxembourg. The programme can be found here.
On 5 February 2021, the following seminar, supported by the KNVIR, took place: ‘The Netherlands: a forum conveniens for collective redress?’. The invitation can be found here.
In August 2019, the renowned Institut de Droit international (IDI) convened at the Peace Palace in The Hague. The KNVIR co-organized and financially supported a panel on ‘Tobias Asser: pioneer, trendsetter, founder of The Hague tradition’.
Read more …
November 26, 2018
EEX Symposium. Organised by Maastricht University and University of Groningen
November 20, 2018
Monetising Human Rights – Damages before the European Court of Human Rights. Organised by the T.M.C. Asser Instituut and Vereniging voor de Sociaal-wetenschappelijke bestudering van het Recht
October 17, 2018
The International Legality of Economic Activities in Occupied Territories? Organised by the Haagse Hogeschool and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut
Funding Request Information
- You will receive a response to your request within three (3) weeks of receipt of your completed funding request (and attachment(s)) by the Secretariat of the Society.
- A member may request funding for no more than one (1) event per annum and the amount of funding that is requested for any event may not exceed € 2,000.
- Approval of any funding request is at the sole discretion of the Executive Board of the Society.
- Please note that, if your application is approved and the proposed event is organised, you will be required to submit to the Secretariat of the Society, for approval by the Board and well in advance of the proposed date of the event, a draft invitation for your event.
- When the invitation has been approved, the Society’s logo will be added to it and the Secretariat of the Society will arrange for the invitation to be sent to all of the Society’s members.You will be responsible for sending the invitation to your proposed invitees.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Society’s Treasurer at gro.r1657160851ivnk@1657160851rerus1657160851aert1657160851.
Funding Request Application Form
Please complete the form below and send it, together with the attachment, to the Secretary of the KNVIR.